Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Hydration Week!

6 days from now, I will be attempting to complete the Chicago marathon! They all say that the hardest part is the training and the dedication to do so, but honestly, I dont know if that is the same for me. I love to run, its the best time for me to think, pray, and reflect. Yes, the long runs have been hard, my body hurt, and there were times when I just wanted to quit, but looking back now, my runs have been such a blessing to me. Some of the most profound things that the Lord has taught me this semster so far have occured during a run. For this, I will forever be grateful for my marathon training, regardless if the race goes well or not.

But not only am I running the marathon to check it off my bucket list, I am running for a cause. I am running to break the chains that the devil has in this city in the lives of high school students. I am running so that high school students get the opportunity to meet their maker and come face to face with Him, the lover of their life. When I feel weak and want to give up, this is what I am going to remember: the faces of my beloved Walter Peyton and Cornerstone high school friends that dont know Jesus. They are going to be what keeps me going.

In this next week, I will be drinking gallons of water, loading on carbs, and going to bed with the sun. Im feeling nervous and when I think about next Sunday at 8 am, my heart starts to race (and Im not even running yet). But I'm trusting in the Lord, I've prepared and have put in the miles, now its time to celebrate the work that I have done. But to be honest, Ill just be happy to finish and check that one off my bucket list!

                                   

So for all my Chicago friends, I hope to see you out there, cheering like crazy, or maybe even running yourselves. If you see any of us wearing these lovely green jersey's make sure to yell extra loud so that I can see you/hear you. Cheers to happy running and loving kids like Jesus would!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! You are so amazing for letting God in to do all that work and motivation, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete