Saturday, July 14, 2012

Joy.

Joy. This tiny little word, composed of three little letters has changed my life, so much so that it is permanently inked on my body. But it is more than joy that changed my life. It is the root of my joy and the source of all my joy: my SAVIOR and lover of my life Jesus Christ. My joy comes from the Lord. He promises joy with every morning.
                                        "Weeping may tarry for the night,
                                          but JOY comes with the morning."
                                          Psalm 30:5
This promise from the Lord, found in his word, is one that I hold to everyday, every morning, and every waking moment. Though weeping and sorrow is inevitabe, God still promises joy with every morning. How incredible that I serve a God who loves me enough, that despite my circumstances and present sorrows, still gives me joy in the morning. That is the God that I love and that is the God that I serve.

Trials come that bring weeping and sorrow, no one can avoid it. As a fallen world, we all experience loss and despair, no one is immune. I have had my fair share of loss and weeping but my cross to bear is anxiety. I have always been an anxious person, as I think that most introverts are to some degree. However, my anxiety has always seemed to exceed others, normal people didn't have such bad anxiety that it would paralyze them did they? This paralyzing anxiety all started my first semester of college, most likely coming from my move into Chicago and a new setting. By the time Thanksgiving break rolled around I was so sick of my anxiety that I did the only thing I knew to do: cry out to my Savior. And as promised, he answered my prayers, the prayers of his daughter. He gave me joy. Joy that exceeds any sort of temporary happiness that we might find. My joy is permanent because it rests in my Father, the one who loves me and calls me His. Sure, anxiety is still a battle, but I know that God is faithful and will provide me with joy once again.

This is why I can't be silent, this is why I must blog: because my Living God has given me joy and I can't contain it inside of me. My hope is that as I enter into this new and exciting world of blogs, that I would encourage someone, inspire someone, or who knows, maybe even make someone laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment